Hello everybody! I hope all of your New Years resolutions are going well so far ;) Today I move back into my dorm room (thank goodness I only have one semester left in a tiny room) and thought I'd share my back-to-school goals! I learned a lot my first semester that helped me prepare for the spring. If you're interested in my outfit details, they'll be linked below the photos.
Spring Semester 2018 Goals
1. Go to class WITH INTENTION. Many times this past fall semester, I would go to class simply for the sake of showing up. This spring semester I'm going to take detailed notes, write due dates/test dates in my planner (rather than trying to remember all of it), and ask more questions (even if I'm in a class of 400+ people).
2. Get to know my TA's better. In a large lecture, it's difficult to get all the info you need + ask questions about assignments or lectures. In these large classes, along with a professor you get a TA that manages a small fraction of the class. In one class I only spoke to my TA once--but this coming semester I intend on being in contact with and get to know my TA's. It's much easier to get a hold of someone who's not quite as busy as the professor!
3. Get to know the people in my classes. Although this semester I at least knew one person in each class, I'm going to make sure I have the number of 3-5 people in my class. That way I can compare work/projects and ask questions if needed. Fellow students can be a saving grace!
4. Spend more time in the studio. I spent TONS of time in the art studio this semester. However, because my classes this semester are going to be more difficult, I'm going to make a goal to spend AT LEAST one hour in the studio each day. That way, I'm also not waiting until last minute to finish projects.
5. Check my grades and email TWICE daily. Although some professors never put in grades, I'm going to make an effort to check them even if they're not in. I'm also going to be checking my email more. As I grow up it's a responsibility I need to make a habit. Not to mention, that's how all professors communicate.
I'm actually so excited to conquer this semester, and setting these goals is really helping me out! What are your goals for this semester? I'd love to hear them!