Last week, I graduated high school (finally! Lol). I've learned a lot of things, but today I'm rounding up the 13 most important lessons I've learned in my 13 years of school. These lessons weren't necessarily easy to learn, but it was so worth it!
1. Being exactly on time is "late." Arriving 5-10 minutes before leaves time for obstacles, because when does everything happen exactly as planned?
2. Wear your retainer. I didn't endure 3 years of braces for a crooked smile!
3. Own up to your mistakes. It's hard to get along with someone when they can't see their own problems. You're much better off admitting it than going around it.
4. Don't expect things to run smoothly. Plan for inconveniences.
5. Don't pack the night before a trip. You WILL forget something.
6. Treat yourself every once in a while. You deserve that piece (or two) of cake!
7. Be quick to forgive.
8. Take chapstick everywhere you go. Chapped lips aren't cute.
9. Don't let people think that hurting you is okay. Be forgiving but make sure they know that what they said/did hurt you.
10. Get to know someone before making any kind of judgement.
11. Drink water! Your body kinda sorta needs it.
12. Don't make excuses. You're just going to dig yourself a hole.
13. Take your make up off before you go to bed. Your skin will thank you the next morning when you wake up with no new pimples.
We all learn different lessons at different times in our life, but I hope this hit close to home for some of you. What important lessons have you learned in your life?